Are you thinking of getting a root canal? Perhaps you’ve previously had the procedure, and you’re wondering why getting a dental crown afterward is such a crucial step.
Dental crowns play a vital role in protecting a newly treated tooth from future damage. While it is not mandatory, dentists highly recommend acquiring one so your mouth can properly heal.
If you or a loved one are looking for trustworthy root canal therapy near you, reach out to us here at Mahogany Dental; our staff are excited to help you with all that you need.
The Root Canal Procedure
This procedure entails the meticulous removal of infected or damaged pulp from the center of your tooth, which is also known as the pulp or root canal chamber. Such a treatment is frequently recommended to patients to help them save their original tooth and avoid extraction.
Outlined below are the general stages of the procedure:
- Anesthesia: First up, your dentist will administer local anesthesia near the site, to ensure your comfort and a pain-free experience.
- Cleaning: Your dentist will drill into your tooth to access the pulp chamber before removing every bit of the afflicted pulp. They will thoroughly disinfect and clean the area to make sure no additional bacteria is present.
- Filling: A biocompatible material called gutta-percha is brought in to fill the empty space, effectively sealing the tooth.
- Restoration: You’ll be given a temporary restorative prosthetic, usually a dental crown, which is placed over the treated tooth to protect if and help it heal. A permanent crown is created and switched out with the former at a later date.
The entire goal of root canal therapy in Mahogany is to give patients back their confidence and increase their dental health.
Other Things to Know About Root Canals
Don’t let the gossip get to you; even though this procedure sounds scary and is constantly associated with pain, none of that is true. Your dentist will do all they can to make sure you are comfortable, whether that’s using the local anesthesia or providing dental sedation.
Furthermore, root canals boost an impressive 95% success rate, meaning that you’ll be able to heal and experience all the joys of having a healthy smile. Contact a dentist in NW Calgary if you’re still feeling unsure or have more questions.
What are The Benefits of Crowns?
When you get a crown after a root canal, your teeth are protected from harm like courageous knights who protect them in gleaming armour. It gives us much pleasure to tell you of all the benefits we provide as
- Strength and Protection: A dental crown strengthens the tooth to prevent future cracks or splitting. When a tooth lacks a protective coating, it is more vulnerable to damage and has a higher chance of having further dental issues.
- Natural Appearance: Crowns are expertly designed to seamlessly resemble the hue and structure of your real teeth, resulting in a harmoniously harmonic and visually beautiful smile.
- Longevity: A dental crown can last many years with proper care and upkeep, meaning that your repaired tooth will remain healthy for longer.
- Chewing Function: Crowns are made to bring your teeth back to their best possible functioning so you can chew food comfortably and talk naturally.
As any dentist near you will tell you, getting a root canal does not mean you need to forgo daily brushing and flossing or attending biannual dental checkups. All of these measures work in tandem to help your teeth, gums, and surrounding structures to function properly for years to come.
Schedule Your Visit Today to Enjoy Beautiful Smiles Tomorrow!
The number one goal here at our neighborhood dental office is to help you keep your smile healthy and get the most out of your dental treatment. We anticipate hearing from you and are equally as eager to be a part of your restorative journey. Please call or send us a message via our website to set up a visit with a member of our team.
See you soon!